Sun, 19 April 2020
I'm an award-winning author, speaker, teacher, technologist, and feminist. My long-time practice of meditation and mindfulness informs my view of the mixed-up roles of men and women.
There are many paths to transformation and change. One of the most critical changes is for people who identify as females to understand and live their vast, core power. People who identify as men must reawaken and revive their innate ability to imbue profound, resonant love into their lives and world. I teach meditation and mindfulness to help people log into these core qualities.
I’ve authored three books:
- The Power of the Loving Man (to be released on March 17, 2020)
- American Buddhist Rebel: The Story of Rama - Dr. Frederick Lenz (winner of four literary awards; U.S. Best Books--2, The Eric Hoffer Award, and the Benjamin Franklin Award)
Additional book and audiobook projects are underway. Through my company, Skye Pearl, I focus on creating truthful and powerful global communications through various forms of media.
I especially want to reach out to:
- Women and men who desire to learn more about meditation,
- Parents who want to raise sons who respect women and girls who respect themselves, and
- Young, college-age women who are ready to come in to and claim their power.
I am a Director of The Frederick P. Lenz Foundation for American Buddhism. I lead the grant category titled “Women in Buddhism.” Over the past decade, we’ve awarded grants to over 150 Buddhist organizations, most of whom are involved in social movements including teaching meditation and mindfulness at schools, prisons, military veteran facilities, homeless shelters, hospitals, city streets, and youth organizations.
I began my career as a freelance journalist and soon segued into Hollywood public relations, landing A-list clients in a number of entertainment sectors. Intrigued by the field of computer science, I left public relations in the 90s to take in-depth training in computer science. I was soon managing multi-million dollar IT projects for top Wall Street firms. Throughout my working life, I have taught and practiced meditation and mindfulness and observed first-hand the urgent need for upending gender norms to achieve world balance.